Let me introduce myself so you have a better understanding of where I am coming from.
My name is Alexandrea, I'm a Malaysian - meaning I'm an Asian (my Korean...yes fellow asian flatmate took 4 weeks to realise that hahah). I recently turned 18 in December, and am currently "studying" in Hillsong International Leadership College.
I left Malaysia on the 18th of January 2016 on a night flight, excited to finally be the one to leave the nest. Fuelled purely by excitement I barely cried saying goodbye to all my Malaysian friends and my parents knowing that this was going to be the best time of my life yet.
Two things you should know:
1) I have been wanting to come to HILC for a good 5 years now and most days I observe my surroundings and still can't believe God actually brought me here.
2) HILC is a Leadership College, since I am doing the Diploma course in Worship with the focus of Vocal it's actually considered as vocational training. What that means is, the focus is not necessarily on what we learn academically but practically- what can we apply to our daily life, to ministry and to the church? How then can we take what we have learned and bring it back to our local church.
That is exactly what I intend to do with this blog:
1) Share with you my personal journey- both my best days and some tough struggles so that you too can be encouraged and reminded of God's faithfulness :)
2) To encourage you- whether you are a university student, still in primary or secondary school, a fellow youth leader, trying to figure out this thing called life, working a job but wondering why you still go on doing what you do or even if you are a pastor or in bible college too. We all have struggles, I know it often sounds cheesy... but really I want to let you know you're not ever alone & you are loved :)
3) To share glimpses of what serving in Hillsong Church is like, living in Australia, being a part of all that Hillsong does- basically what's its like to be here!
4) To equip you- because we are all called to be leaders, leaders influence and we all have some level of influence- so I will be sharing leadership tips, things off the hearts of leaders in Hillsong Church and hopefully they are applicable to you wherever God has called you to lead :)
That all being said, if you don't know Hillsong Church or don't know God, totally okay :) Hopefully you catch glimpses of that along the way too!